My life has suddenly become exponentially busier, and I have often found myself scattered, scrambling and feeling anxious, rather than allowing it to be fun, as was my intention.
To give you an idea of what I’m juggling in addition to my 1:1 coaching and teaching regular Cultivating Feminine Presence™ classes, I also do mediation in the Richmond Juvenile & Domestic Relations court, I recently signed on as a consultant for Norwex, a company that improves quality of life through offering household and personal products that minimize the use of chemicals and make cleaning easier and more fun, and I’m supporting some friends in a down-sizing project.
Makes me wonder if I’m not a little nuts as I look at this list!
It’s all good stuff, and it all connects to my soul’s purpose which is to create harmony.
- The 1:1 coaching supports women in aligning their inner and outer experience of life, and in the classes I teach practices so they feel more at home and powerful in their bodies as women.
- The mediation helps separated parents find some measure of harmony as they co-parent.
- Sharing the Norwex products offers a way of being in more harmony in how we care for the earth and for our physical bodies.
- For my friends it’s so they have more ease and flow with a new phase in their lives.
So my task is to stay clear about my choice to be involved with all these facets – to remember my intention to have fun with it and then to be clear about ways to support myself in my use of time.
A wise friend suggested a framework that is really helpful…
- At night before going to sleep I make a list of all the things I want to get done, which keeps me from lying awake running through it all yet again.
- Then in the morning, at the start of my work day, I prioritize, I can cluster similar tasks, and put it in chunks of time on my calendar.
So far it’s helped keep me focused, since I can easily side-track myself with so many things happening at once.
What helps you in staying focused?
How do you choose what to be involved in?
Do you have a theme like “creating harmony”? Knowing my Divine Coordinates®, my inner map of what is fulfilling to me, is how I have come to know this for myself.
As I write this, it’s Valentine’s Day…
May you, too, know the fulfillment and joy that comes with knowing your purpose and sharing that expression of love in the world.
PS Feel free to share your ideas and thoughts below.